By Meredith Baird Figone
To get our superfood truffle fix, we turned to the queen of vegan cooking herself, Meredith Baird Figone, to whip up something delicious. Naturally, she cast our Kroma Spicy Passion Latte as the star of her delicious Spicy Passion Truffles. These bite-sized treats are sure to satiate your sweet tooth while dialing the heat index way up. But don’t just take our word for it, try them out for yourself!
½ C Coconut oil, melted
½ C Almond butter, preferably raw
2 T Cacao Powder
2.5 T Kroma Spicy Passion Latte
Generous pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp Cinnamon
⅛ tsp Chili powder, or a few pinches of cayenne (optional for added spice)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 T Maple syrup
2-3 drops liquid monk fruit (optional)
Cacao nibs, cacao powder, & coconut flakes for garnish
- In a food processor, blend coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, Kroma Spicy Passion, and sea salt until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, chili powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Blend.
- Taste, and add a few drops of liquid monk fruit if more sweetness is desired.
- Pour mixture in a bowl, and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes until medium-firm. You want it to be soft enough to roll into balls.
- Using approximately 1.5 T mixture per truffle, roll into balls and cover with desired topping.
- Ideally refrigerate for about 15 minutes before serving, and keep refrigerated.